In-Load System Procedures
Safety measures are essentials of the fertilizer custom application procedure. Fertilizer Shed workers should always abide by the rules below:
- Notify shift supervisors before starting any work with in-load system/railcars.
- Blue flag d-rails must be setup and locked out before work starts.
Pre In-Load Setup
- Remove cover located on north side of rails, check drag system pit for water and pump if needed then replace cover.
- Remove in-load pit cover located between rails, place wooden hopper box over in-load pit along with screening chains.
- Take the hydraulic power pack from compressor room trackside and hookup to lines on the car opening system located between railway and driveway.
- Tools such as shovels, pry-bars, hammers, ext can be found in sample room located trackside.
- Driveway setup is similar to railway but only pit cover is removed.