Scale Bin Loading
Scale Bin Loading is always preceeding the custom application services and fertilizer spreading.
- Check with supervisor before any loading of bins starts to ensure that the proper bin is going to be filled with the required product for that bin. If switching product from phos to urea, make sure that the annex hopper is cleaned out while running into the bin it was just loading as not to mix products.
- Get the supervisor to set the distributor and scale bin readout to the bin to be filled
- Start the bucket elevator, driveway and annex conveyors to allow warm-up time and drying time of the belt. At this time inspection of the bearings and the belt tracking can be done.
- Set-up the air system for the vibrators and turn on if needed.
- If loading a bin with phos (11-52-0) notify the supervisor incase oiling of the product will be needed.
- Secure annex walk-in door open so you can see the bearing on the
annex/driveway transition. Seeing this bearing will allow you to know if the system has shut down or is still running. Supervisor in the office will also be able to tell if the system has shut down and will always alert the operator.
- Located on the south wall of the annex is the scale bin readout screen. This tells you what bin you are on and how much product is in the bin and can also be used to tell if the system is running. When the numbers are climbing it is running if they stop the system stopped. When the scale readout reaches 2 tonnes away from desired amount stop loading and let the belt system dump what it has on it to see how much more it will need if any. Your average bucket of phos is about 980kgs so if it stops at 43585kgs add one more to reach about 44565kgs. The average bin weight to fill to is 44000kgs - 45000kgs.