Frequently Asked Questions
On this page we have collected the most popular questions, so that you could easily find the answer for almost any question you may have.
- What size tanks are available?Open or Close
8,000 Liter tank and 22,000 Liter tank.
- What is the contract arrangement?Open or Close
One year contract for use of the tank, the contract automatically carries over if grower wants to refill after each year.
- How much do the tanks cost me?Open or Close
Lease of $1 per day per tank ($365/per year).
- Can I contract more than 1 tank?Open or Close
Growers can contract multiple tanks for same lease payment of $1 per day per tank.
- Can I joint use the tank with multiple growers?Open or Close
Multiple growers can use the tank but one grower signs the contract.
- What size of a pad do I need to set the tank on?Open or Close
8000L tank needs 10’x10’ pad. 22,000L tank needs 14’x14’ pad.
Gravel base is sufficient.
- How fast does the system pump the product?Open or Close
The pump will put out 170 liters per minute with 360 gram product.
- What products are available?Open or Close
360 gram active North American glyphosate.
- When do I get the bill for the product?Open or Close
Product is paid for when the tank is filled. If third party financing is used, product is paid when invoice is received at retail location.
- What happens if I use less than the volume supplied?Open or Close
Tank is refilled back to its contracted amount with no penalty.
I.E. If a customer uses 6000L in an 8000L contracted tank, it is then refilled to 8000L when customer requests.
- What happens if I have unused product and I want to terminate the contract?Open or Close
Customer pumps product into empty totes as the product is already paid for. Then the tank is picked up for a $500 charge.
- When I use product what is the refill process?Open or Close
The tanks are equipped with pressure monitors so the customer and retailer know what is in the tank every hour. When the alert is sent out, the customer decides if a refill is needed.
- Can I use solar power to operate the pump?Open or Close
Solar power cannot be used as the pumps need to be 220/240 volt as the product is heavy and any smaller pump will heat up and not pump fast enough. When tanks are in remote areas we need pumps to operate without issue. The pumps we use have been operating for 8 years with little to no problems. Pumps will run off of a generator if power is not accessible.
- What happens if I have poor digital connectivity?Open or Close
Monitors need cell coverage to report.